Thursday, September 8, 2011

Getting started...

I arrived in Hungary on Tuesday!

After hours of traveling, I reached the Ridgeway home in the middle of a busy week. There wasn't much time to sit down and catch up; but, arriving in the middle of things felt like I was exactly where I had left off in May.

On Wednesday, I watched Landon (now 3 years old) in the morning and early afternoon. We took a walk around the neighborhood and played in the sandbox. If I had let him, he probably would have stayed in that sandbox all day!

The tram I often take to the library. (The BCL
is located in the building behind the tram.)
Today I went to the library. I am thankful that there are more tasks for me to do at the library now than on my last trip; that also meant that I had a busy day, though. The third room in the library (the soon-to-be-completed children's room) looks much better than it did when I left Hungary in May. This past summer, a team of college students came for one month with the goal of turning the library's storage room into a children's room. They painted the walls, moved bookshelves and books into the room, purchased some new kid-friendly furniture, and even started making a loft. There are still tools, book shelves, and other odd things that need to be moved out of the room; the loft is not finished either (it needs some paint, a ladder, and railing). Today, Nikki (the library assistant) and I moved things out of the children's room, organized some of the books on the shelves, and assembled the new furniture. The room is not quite finished... but it's getting close! I also filled an empty bookshelf with used books and movies that the library plans to sell. On Saturday, I will organize (or at least begin to organize) the children's non-fiction section of the library -- that bookshelf is a mess!

My children's program will probably begin in October. I'm continuing to plan it and will hopefully get fliers out next week.

God has a lot going on at the library and I hope this post gives you an idea of some of the wonderful things to come. Thanks for the continued prayers and encouragement!

Mary Kate

1 comment:

  1. Go Mary Kate!! Exciting to hear the news. And is that a picture of a "tram" that you ride?? Looks old!! Can you post a picture of the Children's Room? Love you!!

    ReplyDelete