| Heroes' Square |
I have been in Hungary for almost a month now and the time has gone by quickly.
The Budapest Christian Library is looking better each day as the children’s
room gets closer and closer to completion and the other rooms in the library are
rearranged and worked on as well. I have had the pleasure of going to the
library several times a week to aid in rearranging rooms as well as cleaning
the library facility and making coffee for library patrons.
I'm happy that it is October as I start my first program at the library in just one week! This past summer, a family introduced me to a wonderful website called I am Second (iamsecond.com). I am Second, through free videos and guides, aims to teach others how to put God first in their lives. For the most part, the I am Second group I am starting at the library will consist of teens that are already Christians. I'm hoping that by the time I leave Hungary, these Christian teens will feel comfortable and able to start their own I am Second groups and invite their Christian as well as non-Christian friends to come participate in them once I leave Hungary. Through the group at the library, I'll be able to build a relationship with each person there as they see firsthand how an I am Second group works. I firmly believe that anyone can lead an I am Second group (the website gives you everything you need!) and I'm hoping the teens in my group will see that too. Please pray for a successful turn-out (we begin in one week: Saturday, October 8), for each of the individual teens that will be in the group, and that before I leave Hungary one or more of them will have a desire to start his or her own I am Second group.
Thanks for the continued support and prayer! Please feel free to email me or comment below with any questions you may have.
Mary Kate

No comments:
Post a Comment