Friday, November 4, 2011

The Lamb & I am Second Updates


Reading to the kid's
out of "The Lamb"
 Two weeks ago my children's program began. We are reading through a book called "The Lamb" by John R. Cross which explains what the Bible is about and what the Gospel message is in a kid-friendly way. Attendance has been low (three kids each week, two of whom are part of the Ridgeway family). However, I have thoroughly enjoyed teaching the kids, seeing how much information about the Bible they retain through the questions provided in the book, and watching them have fun during the crafts and games. Beth told me that she would like to repeat the program once or twice a year so that children have an opportunity to bring their friends who need to hear about Jesus to the program. So even after I go home, I will leave behind a program for Beth and the BCL to continue which has the potential to bring many children to an understanding of the Gospel -- how cool is that?

I am a bit disappointed to say that my I am Second group for teenagers has not gone as well as I had hoped and prayed it would. I have had four meetings and only one of which has anyone attended. I believe the cause to low/no attendance has to do with my sphere of influence here in Hungary (which is quite limited). Virtually all of the teenagers I know here in Hungary are already Christians and are attending a Christian school and/or are involved in Bible studies and youth group already. One more Bible study is just not something they are interested in. Please pray that God will bring me teenagers who could truly benefit from this Bible study or that He will show me how I need to redirect my time and energy for my final two months here in Hungary. 

Thanks for the continued support and prayer!

Mary Kate

PS: The reading loft in the children's room has a ladder and railing on it now! It could still use some sanding and a paint job but there has been a lot of progress made on it thanks to Rusty and Beth's friend from college and his uncle who came for a week-long mission trip last month. The loft looks fantastic and the kids love it!

1 comment:

  1. The Lamb sounds like an awesome book! And great news about the children's room :) Keep your chin up kiddo, God has a perfect plan in motion and who knows what twists and turns He'll throw in the little plans we come up with to make them more like His? All He really needs is a willing servant, and I think He has that in you. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete