Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter weekend in Budapest

On Friday, the Ridgeway's took me to the Castle District in Budapest. There are many beautiful buildings and lovely views of the city from there. It was fun and I took some great pictures.

As I said last week, the Ridgeway family currently attends Calvary Church in Budapest, Hungary (their website is http://www.golgotabudapest.hu/). During worship Nola and Weston performed on stage -- they did a great job!

Soon after church we loaded up the van and headed over to Hollókő which is a village about two hours outside of Budapest. There is an Easter festival every year in Hollókő which includes Hungarian folk dancing, Hungarian food, and lots of Hungarian Easter eggs. Hollókő also has a beautiful castle and a little Catholic church. It was a great way to spend Easter.

St. Matthew's Church in the Castle District... 

A view of the Hungarian Parliament building from the Castle District...

Fishermen's Bastion (in the Castle District)...

At the festival in Hollókő...

The Hollókő Castle...

We all enjoyed the beautiful view from the Hollókő Castle...

The Catholic church in Hollókő...

The kids were still on spring break yesterday but went back to school today. I watched Landon this morning; we did puzzles, dug in the sand box, and he rode his bike around the neighborhood while I walked alongside. 

Happy Easter, everyone! He has risen!

Mary Kate

"While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men suddenly stood near them in dazzling clothing; and as the women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, 'Why do you seek the living One among the dead? He is not here, but He has risen,'"
-Luke 24:4-6a NASB




2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! I'm so glad you're having a good time there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to celebrate Resurrection Sunday :D Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete